About the individual
You will be a good communicator, with a strong understanding of frontend web development and will be comfortable making decisions on the company's approach and direction regarding frontend development.
You will be a self-starter, with a natural curiosity and an explorative nature, qualities that will allow you to solve problems. You’ll have a keen eye for design and have a collaborative nature.
- Developing high quality frontend code for new build and maintaining existing sites.
- Working collaboratively with project managers, UX/UI designers, internal, near-shore and off-shore development and QA teams.
- Building performant, progressive, SEO friendly frontends that work across a range of browsers and devices.
- Working closely with the UX/UI team to assess the feasibility of their proposed designs and then ensuring you faithfully match the agreed design, across desktop, tablet and mobile and ensuring animations work as intended.
- Contributing to the general standard of frontend within the company and taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard.
- Working in an agile development team; implementing industry best practice and coding standards to ensure quality whilst delivering projects within time and budget.
- Working with the project management team to define an approach and estimates for future work.
- Reviewing the work of others in order to maintain a good standard of work throughout the department.
- Planning, designing and writing automated tests, including unit (using JEST) and integration tests.
- Recruiting, onboarding, mentoring and coaching more junior members of staff.
Required skills & experience:
- Proficient in English (written and verbal).
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience, with some in a digital agency.
- Strong frontend knowledge, including responsive web development.
- Solid understanding of pre-processors, such as SASS/LESS.
- Great working knowledge of React/Redux, Next.Js or any other framework for JAM stack approach.
- Experience with Webpack / Code splitting.
- Knowledge of task runners such as Gulp/Grunt.
- Strong understanding with version control, ideally Git.
- An understanding of the importance of efficiency and optimisation on the web, particularly with regards to mobile devices.
- Awareness of the pitfalls of older browsers, and the capabilities to incorporate graceful degradation.
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Experience with AWS / CI/CD / Lambda.
- Experience with Styled components.
- Experience of mobile app developing using React Native.
- Experience with Vue.js or Angular.
- Experience with Storybook.
- Experience building custom animations and parallax scrolling frontend applications.
- Knowledge of Node.js.
- Experience with running virtual environments using Docker/Vagrant.
- Great working knowledge of GraphQL / Apollo Client.
- Experience with templating languages such as Jinja/Twig/Django/Razor.
- Experience working with traditional CMS solutions as well as headless (E.g. Sitecore, Umbraco. WordPress and Contentful etc.).
- Recruitment and line management experience.
What we give in return:
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Teamwork. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Development. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. We have so much going on at Tangent all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes enhanced annual leave increasing by a day for every year of service, plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times, and the ability to work from home.