About the job
We’re looking to see you’ve launched digital products at scale, being part of multi-disciplinary team-leading design processes. We’re not expecting you to be an expert in all areas of research, strategy, UX, UI, content, and brand. Our designers specialise in different areas but all have an understanding of what it takes to design leading digital products.
We have a global client base across sectors, meaning you will get the opportunity to work on various digital projects. That can be everything from websites, apps to internal tools that drive our client's businesses.
Our core design team is in London but working remote. This has given us the opportunity to recruit further afield in other countries. Our initial target areas are South Africa and Spain. But we are open to speaking with designers based in time zones with 3 hours of the UK.
This role will be remote. But we do envisage a couple of expenses paid trips a year to London to socialise and meet as a full team.
We need you to
- Be confident in leading the design of complex digital products working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Deliver best in class UX and UI solutions that meet users’ needs.
- Creatively applying different brand styles into create impactful UI designs and manage design systems using Figma.
- Lead and inspire clients by being a trusted and expert design practitioner.
- Ensure the quality of work meets our design standards whilst mentoring other junior designers to do the same.
- Support our project managers, to deliver dependencies and manage client expectations.
We want to see
- Experience in digital transformation involving complex digital products.
- Highly skilled in UX and UI design, experience working on web and mobile interfaces.
- Understanding of agile methodologies and working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience leading multiple stages of the design process, including research, prototyping, testing, and design delivery.
- Confidence structuring websites, apps, and portals through Information Architecture.
- Experience facilitating and interpreting usability testing. Ability to transform research findings into actionable design principles, requirements, user stories and user flows.
- The confidence to fail and learn from mistakes and a desire to seek feedback to continually improve.
- A strategic thinker, confident in helping clients define successful strategies.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Teamwork. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Development. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Free breakfast, yoga, Friday lunches, and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave increasing by a day for every year of service. Plus bank holidays, enhanced maternity pay, flexible start and finish times, and the ability to work from home.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.