About the role
From qualifying leads to helping write proposals and supporting with pitches, you’ll be on the front line of all new business. The agency works with brands across sectors and offers a range of digital services for scale-ups to global blue-chip companies alike. We expect our business development manager to join the agency with a very good understanding of digital products, technology and the process to deliver them. You’ll partner with - and be supported by - the senior team to help build the new business pipeline and expand the client base.
Your duties will include:
- Qualifying, managing, and building relationships with new potential leads
- Following up with prospects and dealing with any incoming queries
- Crafting engaging proposals and coordinating the response with agency directors
- Researching international organisations and individuals that could be targeted with our service offering
- Proactively identifying and generating new potential leads through outbound activities
- Contacting potential clients and initiating conversations around Tangent’s capabilities
- Developing relationships and dealing with intermediaries where appropriate
- Managing and updating our CRM platform (Hubspot)
- Working closely with the marketing team to identify content themes and required materials to support new business activities
Desired skills and experience
First and foremost, we’re looking for a highly organised and hungry individual. We believe that there are a number of key attributes to be successful in this role, and are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 5 years’ experience working in a digital product agency or similar agency environment.
- Is articulate and confident to engage with senior business stakeholders. You should have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Can credibly sustain conversations about digital strategy, design and technology
- Has a result-focus mindset. You should be highly motivated, tenacious and able to quickly distinguish where the best opportunities lie
- Takes initiative, thinks creatively, who can manage the big picture and also deliver on the detail
We’ll offer a competitive salary as well as a bonus scheme. We have offices in London and Newcastle, but are open to accepting candidates from any UK or European-based locations to work remotely. As government Covid-19 restrictions ease up, we may expect the new business manager to make visits to our offices or be available for an ‘in-person’ pitch, but we will continue to operate a flexible working policy going forward.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.