We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Strong experience in managing a development team, coaching and mentoring more junior members of staff.
- Expert knowledge of software development best practices, such as SOLID.
- Solution Architecture experience.
- Understanding of modern frontend ‘frameworks’ such as React.
- Understanding of Microservice architecture.
- Experience working in a digital agency and has worked with project managers, UX/UI designs, internal, near-shore and off-shore development and QA teams.
- Experience working within an agile and waterfall development.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience with Azure (IaaS, PaaS including Serverless e.g. Functions).
- The ability to estimate technical effort, licensing and hosting costs and clearly communicate them to non-technical users.
- The ability to highlight technical risks and communicate potential mitigation strategies to a Project Manager to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Understanding of ISO27001 would be a key advantage.
- Expertise with development methodologies such as DDD, BDD and TDD.
- Please note this is not a hands-on role.
The successful individual should be:
- An excellent communicator - able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Feel comfortable presenting or pitching in person / in-front of real-life audience.
- Able to run workshops with various stakeholders to define technical requirements.
- Able to work as part of a team, working closely with Project Managers, Front end developers and DevOps engineers.
- Able to plan; spotting technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact of these to the project team (with enough lead time to do something about them).
- A self-starter, comfortable working autonomously when needed and being proactive in getting information to move work along when needed.
- Used to working in an agency environment, familiar with working to budgets, schedules, completing timesheets, participating in stand ups and providing progress updates.
Technical skills required:
- Technical Degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Experience written technical documentation including the use of UML.
- Understand of agile release management.
- Previous development experience with modern languages.
- Understanding of best practice; design patterns, SOLID principles etc.
- Understanding of Cloud Architecture Patterns.
Bonus points if you have:
- Other CMSs such as Contentful, ContentStack, Umbraco, Sitecore, or similar.
- AWS or GCP.
- Modern front-end frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular.
- Understanding of ISO27001.
- Experience working within a digital agency environment would be beneficial.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Teamwork. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Development. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. We have so much going on at Tangent all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes enhanced annual leave increasing by a day for every year of service, plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times, and the ability to work from home.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.