About you and the role:
You will be a good communicator, with an excellent understanding of frontend web development and comfortable making decisions on the company's approach and direction regarding frontend development.
We are willing to accept remote applicants however travel to either the London or Newcastle office will be required from time to time for client meetings, project kick-off and team events.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing high quality frontend code for new builds, and maintaining and developing existing sites.
- Work with development teams to deliver the desired look and feel.
- Contributing to the general standard of frontend within the company, and taking ownership of improving and maintaining this to a good standard.
- Advising on frontend best practices and ideal approaches and techniques to use on projects.
- Providing estimates for future work.
- Reviewing the work of others in order to maintain a good standard of work throughout the department.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- At least 1 years' front end development work experience.
- Excellent frontend knowledge, including responsive web development.
- Understanding of pre-processors, such as SASS/LESS.
- Knowledge of one or more SPA frameworks such as React, Vue.js or Angular.
- Knowledge of task runners such as Gulp and/or module bundling with Webpack.
- Understanding of version control, ideally Git.
- Know the importance of efficiency and optimisation on the web, particularly with regard to mobile devices.
- Awareness of the pitfalls of older browsers, and the capabilities to incorporate graceful degradation.
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- Previous experience of an agency environment.
- Knowledge of backend technologies.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.