The role is mainly working with PHP, utilising Symfony and bespoke frameworks. Experience with Python and/or frontend technologies such as React, Vue and Next.js although not essential would be useful. We work with a variety of different CMS, including headless products such as Contentstack and Contentful, as well as enterprise and opensource products such as WordPress.
You will be part of a progressive tech team working on exciting projects for some leading brands, including Sky, REED Recruitment and The Labour Party. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with and learn from internal stakeholders across the business, including UX/UI designers, SEO/CRO specialists, technical architects, other backend and frontend developers, as well as some client facing opportunities. You will be joining a collaborative culture that nurtures talent, this is a fantastic opportunity for a stepping stone into a career in software development.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Experience with PHP.
- Experience with Python (desirable).
- Exposure to any modern frontend framework (desirable).
- Experience with either headless or more traditional CMS (desirable).
- A working knowledge of API development.
- Experience in source code version management (Git).
- Experience working within an agile development team.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns
The successful individual should be:
- An excellent communicator, able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Able to work as part of a team, working closely with project managers, designers, frontend developers and infrastructure engineers.
- Able to plan effectively, identifying technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact to the project team (with enough lead time to do something about it).
- A self-starter, someone who is comfortable working autonomously and can be proactive in getting information to move projects along.
- Experienced in working in an agency environment, familiar with working to budgets and project plans/timelines, participating in stand-ups and providing progress updates.
Technical skills required:
- Custom API and backend service experience
Bonus points if you have experience in:
- Modern frontend frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular
- Symfony 3.4+
- At least one Python framework
- CMS experience
- Java, .NET, Go
- Nginx / Apache
- AWS / Azure
- A digital agency environment
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.