About the role
Key responsibilities include:
- Working collaboratively with project managers, UX/UI designers, internal, near-shore and off-shore development and QA teams.
- Leading an agile development team; implementing industry best practice and coding standards to ensure quality whilst delivering projects within time and budget.
- Working with the project management team to define an approach and estimates for future work.
- Helping to define the technical approach and architecture and assisting with documentation.
- Estimating licensing and hosting costs and clearly communicating them to non-technical users.
- Creating development tickets and assisting with agile ceremonies to estimate work.
- Reviewing the work of others in order to maintain a good standard of work throughout the department.
- Planning, designing and writing automated tests including unit and integration tests.
- Mentoring and guiding your team; ensuring their personal development.
About the individual
The successful individual should be:
- Proficient in English (written and verbal).
- Familiar with working in a digital agency, working with project managers, front end developers, DevOps engineers and QA.
- Experienced working within an agile development team and peer reviewing code.
- An excellent communicator - able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Able to run workshops with various stakeholders to define technical requirements.
- Familiar with working to budgets, schedules, completing timesheets, participating in stand ups and providing progress updates.
- Able to plan and highlight technical risks and communicate potential mitigation strategies to the Project Manager to enable them to make informed decisions.
Technical skills required
- Experience with one or more of .NET Core or Python.
- Experience with one or more of the following CMS; Umbraco Heartcore, Contentful or ContentStack.
- API Development either RESTFUL and/or GraphQL.
- Microservice architecture.
- Understanding of design patterns to deliver extendable, scalable and distributed applications.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and Lucene Indexes.
- Comprehensive experience with either Azure an/or AWS (IaaS, PaaS including Serverless).
- Experience setting up and using CI/CD (Azure DevOps /TeamCity/Octopus/Jenkins etc) through dev, stage and production.
- Expertise with development methodologies such as DDD, BDD and TDD.
- Writing highly testable code and implementing automated tests including unit and integration tests and mocking.
Bonus points if you have experience in
- .NET Framework, PHP or Go
- Other on-premise CMSs such as Sitecore, Episerver or Kentico[CG1]
- Varnish Cache
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.