You are welcome to work 100% remotely or hybrid from our London Kings Cross or Newcastle offices. We’re happy for you to work in a way that suits you best.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Expert knowledge of either .NET Core, Python or Go.
- Experience with headless CMS products such as Contentful, ContentStack and/or on-premise CMSs such as Umbraco, Sitecore and WP.
- API Development either RESTFUL and/or GraphQL.
- Microservice architecture.
- Experience working in a digital agency and has worked with project managers, UX/UI designs, internal, near-shore and off-shore development and QA teams.
- Experience working within an agile development team and peer reviewing code.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS (IaaS, PaaS including Serverless).
- Comfortable with CI/CD through dev, stage, UAT and production.
- The ability to estimate technical effort, licensing and hosting costs and clearly communicate them to non-technical users.
- Confident leading a mix discipline development team; to deliver a product to scope, a high-standard, using best practice and on time/to budget.
- The ability to highlight technical risks and communicate potential mitigation strategies to a Project Manager to enable them to make informed decisions.
- Mentoring and guiding your team; ensuring their personal development.
- Plan, design and write automated tests include unit, integration.
- Expertise with development methodologies such as DDD, BDD and TDD.
The successful individual should be:
- An excellent communicator - able to communicate technical information succinctly and meaningfully to non-technical colleagues and clients.
- Able to run workshops with various stakeholders to define technical requirements.
- Able to work as part of a team, working closely with Project Managers, Front end developers and DevOps engineers.
- Able to plan; spotting technical risks, issues and dependencies and communicating the impact of these to the project team (with enough lead time to do something about them).
- A self-starter, comfortable working autonomously when needed and being proactive in getting information to move work along when needed.
- Used to working in an agency environment, familiar with working to budgets, schedules, completing timesheets, participating in stand ups and providing progress updates.
Technical skills required:
- CMS experience with one or more of .NET Core, Python or Go.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular.
- CMS experience with one or more of either Umbraco, Contentful or ContentStack.
- Comprehensive experience with either Azure or AWS.
- Understanding of design patterns to deliver extendable, scalable and distributed applications.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and Lucene Indexes.
- Experience setting up and using CI/CD (Azure DevOps /TeamCity/Optopus/Jenkins etc).
- TDD, writing highly testable code and implementing automated tests including unit and integration tests and mocking.
Bonus points if you have:
- .NET Framework or PHP
- Other CMSs such as Sitecore, Episerver or Kentico
- Varnish Cache
- Experience working within a digital agency environment.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Teamwork. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Development. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Free breakfast, yoga, Friday lunches, and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave increasing by a day for every year of service. Plus bank holidays, enhanced maternity pay, flexible start and finish times, and the ability to work from home.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.