- Reviewing and approving draft invoices raised by project managers, ensuring accurate billing information is in place.
- Working with project managers to ensure projects are billed on a timely basis, reviewing accrued revenue regularly and escalating where required.
- Working with project managers on weekly aged debtors’ updates and resolving any payment issues with the client-side finance team.
- Updating the client invoice tracker and client invoicing portal.
- Reconciling intercompany reports (payables and receivables).
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with revenue recognition and project cost reconciliations.
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts packs at month end.
- Month end journal posting.
- Assisting with implementing Xero finance system within the company.
- Preparation of VAT returns and VAT reconciliation.
- Assisting with payroll preparation.
Desired skills & experience
- 5 years’ experience working in finance, with at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong experience with regards to client billing, revenue, credit control and proven reconciliation experience.
- Excellent excel skills and good numerical background.
- Comfortable with finance systems - Xero experience desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business.
- Experience within media/ tech /creative environment desirable.
- Ability to work to deadlines with a keen and flexible attitude.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent; all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.