About the role
You will work as part of a closely-knit team supporting the technical roadmap for a large public sector, political membership organisation, as well as a national infrastructure provider. Both platforms are complex, bespoke applications with multiple third-party integrations. The latter is built with Sitecore.
You will be responsible for planning, scripting, executing and reporting on quality assurance tests. You will also be responsible for regression testing, supporting the UAT process, as well as training clients, and from time to time you may be called upon to help on other projects where more technical QA is required.
About the individual
You will be an evangelist for quality assurance internally and with clients, keeping up to date with QA best practice and innovation. You will have a natural curiosity, explorative nature, pragmatic approach and an urge to ‘break things’. These qualities will lead you to resolve issues and, combined with strong technical knowledge and logic, help define the root cause.
We are looking for someone who has a mixture of manual and automated test experience and is happy todo both within the role.
You will need to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to work well within a team.
Required skills & experience
- 4 years ‘hands on’ QA industry experience
- Experience testing complex, enterprise level CMS builds
- High level understanding of systems architecture in order to triage and diagnose issues
- Ability to read and understand errors messages, stack traces and logs
- Ability to write test scripts and create test data
- Knowledge of automated testing using existing services, libraries and frameworks
- Ability to test APIs using tools like postman
- Experience of working in a fast, agile environment
- Exposure to agile and waterfall delivery methods
- Experience working within JIRA and Confluence
- A desire to be part of theTangent family and grow with us
- Basic level of programming (any language)
- Understanding of Selenium or other automation frameworks
- Knowledge of automated reporting and dashboards
- Experience with Sitecore
- Experience working within an agency environment