You will be responsible for planning, scripting, executing and reporting on quality assurance tests. You will also be responsible for regression testing, supporting the UAT process, as well as training clients.
We are willing to accept remote applicants, however travel to either the London or Newcastle office will be required from time to time for client meetings, project kick-off and team events.
About the individual:
You will be an evangelist for quality assurance internally and with clients, keeping up to date with QA best practice and innovation. You will have a natural curiosity, explorative nature, pragmatic approach and an urge to ‘break things’. These qualities will lead you to resolve issues and, combined with strong technical knowledge and logic, help define the root cause.
We are looking for someone who has a mixture of manual and automated test experience and is happy to do both within the role. You will need to have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to work well within a team.
Required skills & experience:
- 4 years ‘hands on’ QA industry experience.
- Experience testing complex, enterprise level CMS builds.
- High level understanding of systems architecture in order to triage and diagnose issues.
- Ability to read and understand errors messages, stack traces and logs.
- Ability to write test scripts and create test data.
- Knowledge of automated testing using existing services, libraries and frameworks.
- Ability to test APIs using tools like postman.
- Experience of working in a fast, agile environment.
- Exposure to agile and waterfall delivery methods.
- Experience working within JIRA and Confluence.
- Basic level of programming (any language).
- Understanding of Selenium or other automation frameworks.
- Knowledge of automated reporting and dashboards.
- Experience with Sitecore.
- Experience working within an agency environment.
What we give in return
People are our biggest asset and we work hard to make sure Tangent is not only a fun place to work but also provides a platform for you to grow.
Mentorship. You will be working as part of a talented and experienced team. Our passion and desire to do great work is infectious.
Training. Learning new skills, attending events. We provide the time and budget to help you grow.
Flexibility. We understand life is about balance and we provide flexibility and support to help you achieve your life goals.
Social life. Free breakfast, yoga, Friday lunches and monthly social events. We have so much going on at Tangent all designed to help you form friendships with your colleagues.
Benefits. We reward our people generously for their hard work. This includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, enhanced maternity pay, flexible start and finish times and the ability to work from home from time to time.
At Tangent our aim is to create a working environment where every single member of the team has the opportunity to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and will welcome and consider all applications regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation.